9. Spoonfuls

This week has been challenging, though not so much as far as the subject matter is concerned. In fact, it sometimes feels like I'm reviewing concepts that I already know and have heard before in different times and places.

What can make homework really difficult is a splitting headache and incessant cough. It's been hard to focus, and sleep is also difficult. Nevertheless, I press on.

It's when I'm not feeling my best that I have to really believe in myself and not give up on my goals or fall behind.

Some things I learned this week are about how I can connect with those around me, both online and with those in my family and local community. It is easy to feel isolated as an online student, and it seems that many resources are not as readily available. They are available, but it 

I appreciate what I've learned this week about leadership. It adds more drops and even spoonfuls to my lamp of faith and knowledge, that true leadership is not about self-aggrandizement or public recognition or control, but about humble service, about vision, about integrity and the ability to act decisively and in a manner that inspires others and lifts others up.

Comments